Sr. J2EE Front End Developer / Sr. Java Front End Developer / UI Developer
Location: NYC OR Remote
Duration: 12 months+ (With great possibility of extension)
Must have strong exp in Angular.JS and J2EE
- The Engineer work development teams in designing, testing, and implementing responsive web applications.
- In addition to leading and delegating work to other developers, the lead engineer will be responsible for standardization of documentation, code reviews, promoting industry standard best practices, performing detailed estimates and completing finalized solution designs/diagrams.
- The Lead Engineer role requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology related terminology and capabilities to business and non-technical professionals.
- The Lead Full Stack Engineer will maintain innovative, scalable solutions that provide value to JetBlue business initiatives.
- Develop, design, code, debug and document high traffic web applications and services running from cloud platforms.
- Provide technical leadership around the delivery of component designs and development.
- Evaluate new technologies and determine viability per solution.
- Analyze requirements and solution architecture and provide task specific estimates.
- Mentor junior engineers with regards to coding practices and design decisions.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure high quality and consistent coding practices.
- Lead scrum teams in agile methodology, sprint planning, backlog grooming.
- Break down architecture solutions into tasks for team members.
- Collaborate closely with other IT teams globally from Product Management, Architecture, DevOps, QA, Infrastructure.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- software engineering experience, building responsive web applications and APIs.
- Five (5) years of professional full stack development using Node,Js, Java, Angular.JS , J2EE ,
- Must have worked on Spring , Hibernate.
- Three (3) years of experience in agile practices in Scrum teams.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and tools like Jenkins, Sonarqube.
- Available for moderate overnight travel (up to 15%)
- Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response on short notice
- Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located \xc2\xa0 Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Three (5) years of experience leading/mentoring team of software engineers.
- Experience with high traffic, consumer facing websites.
- Experience with Magnolia Content Management Systems(CMS) and Fastly Content Delivery Networks (CDN).
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Knowledge of modern software architecture, microservices, micro-frontends, serverless applications and frameworks.
- Keen interest in application security and knowledge of security best practices.
- Knowledge of DevOps practices.
- Experience with Yarn, Gradle, WebPack, CSS.
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
- Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
Candidates interested in this position, please click on the Quick Apply button or send your resume to dgohel (at) chenoainc (dot) com with your expected hourly rate.