Paylocity is a cloud-based software company that creates customized HR solutions for small to mid-sized organizations. Our workplace enhances communication and enables employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere. Our award-winning culture ensures everyone has a voice and feels truly welcome. Join Paylocity as we shape the future of technology and the workplace!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it’s career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
Help Paylocity enhance communication and enable employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere with a position in Product & Technology!
Want to develop the strategies and principles needed to deliver compelling software? Join our team and help us enhance our all-in-one software platform, elevate our one-of-a-kind technology, and improve the employee experience.
Take your career to the next level at one of G2's Top 100 Software Companies. Explore our Product & Technology positions to see where you fit!
Principal Software Engineer IIIs are members of our product teams, responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting common features. Working side-by-side with Product Owners, Software Test Engineers, and Business Stakeholders, they are actively involved in the complete software development life cycle in an agile environment including technical design, hands-on coding, unit testing, integration testing, performance tuning, maintenance, test automation, deploys and upgrades.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
Engineering is the function that applies principles and techniques of engineering, mathematics, and computer/data science to the design, development, and testing of applications. The Product & Technology engineering family consists of software development, testing, database, devops, virtualization & network.
- Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
- An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process
- Interested in staying current by applying new technologies
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality and contribute to high velocity, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Excited to work on cutting-edge technology
During the first six months, you will:
- Demonstrate a high level of depth across Paylocity's entire ecosystem
- Take on a leading role in discovery, design, and implementation for testing systems or platforms that can be used by all P&T teams
- Create or participate in discussions around making sweeping technical choices
- Establish and gain alignment of organization-wide testing strategies, platform adoption, and associated best practices
- Design and implement test architecture for large domains or large platforms that are used by all teams
- Make technology choices for testing architecture that can be used by all teams
- Solicit and provide feedback and guidance via decision-making frameworks from across the organization, ensuring alignment with current and future organization testing strategies
- Own the overall health and quality of large domains and platforms that are used by all teams
- Influence quality strategy and behaviors throughout the entire organization.
- Served as a Principal Engineer or Distinguished Engineer for 5+ years
- Deep and broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies that affect the business
- Expertise in two or more of the following: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Expertise in front-end technologies: React, Angular, Vuejs, Micro Frontends
- Expertise with multiple databases technologies SQL and noSQL
- Expertise with automated unit testing patterns and tools
- Expertise in Containerization, K8, Service Mesh
- Expertise in Data Streaming technologies: Kafka, Kinesis, or similar
- Expertise in security best practices
- Expert in multiple languages including C#
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math or related experience
- Knowledge of Payroll a plus
- Must be adaptable to change and have a willingness to learn
- Must have a strong sense of curiosity
- Must commit to their role and take responsibility for their tasks
- Must be able to work effectively in an agile and team environment
- Must be effective and creative in problem solving
EEO and accessibility Statement
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $130k - $256k /yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.