Are you eager to contribute directly to a beloved product, make an impact early and often, while developing your career in a place that values collaboration and results?
We are hiring a Junior Software Developer, Full Stack to join our team and contribute to the development and growth of the Pixieset product. As a Junior Software Developer, you are responsible for writing bug-free, scalable code and shipping high quality software. You will contribute to a diverse set of key features and product initiatives, taking them from conception to production release, all the way to long term support.
- Help improve and maintain the Pixieset product and systems infrastructure
- Collaborate with other engineers across the entire stack
- Deliver everything from tiny front-end UX improvements, to broad structural changes spanning multiple codebases
- Work with stakeholders to define requirements
- Research and integrate new technologies to drive our development process forward
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience building custom web applications (beyond CMS platforms like Wordpress/Drupal)
- Experience or interest in PHP (Frameworks: Laravel, Yii, and Symfony)
- Experience with MySQL (or other RDBMS) and Redis
- Exposure to web technologies including HTTP, RESTful services, and cloud platforms such as AWS
- Familiar with design patterns, basic data structures and algorithms
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated, eager to learn, adept and capable
Perks & Benefits
- Flexibility to work onsite or 100% remotely
- 4 weeks of paid vacation per year
- 100% employer-paid premiums for health, dental and vision benefits
- Annual wellness allowance, education allowance, and charitable donation matching
- Macbook and home office setup support
- Fun team building activities, events, and social hour Fridays
We craft beautiful, simple, end-to-end software solutions that meet the needs of 700,000+ photographers and creative professionals world-wide.
We are proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work™ and Best Workplace in Technology™ . We've been recognized in the Growth 500 ranking of Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies, Deloitte's Technology Fast 50, and Globe and Mail's Top Growth Companies in Canada. Pixieset is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with an office in Chișinău, Moldova.
We love what we do, and we love the people we work with. At Pixieset, being committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of our keys for success. We believe that talent is talent and that having many different perspectives, backgrounds and experiences makes for a stronger team.