TechFlow, Inc. is hiring CX/UX practitioners to assist the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in developing a strategy to enhance the public’s experience with DHS products and services. DHS is focused on improving customer experience in the domains of travel, immigration, and law enforcement. Your teammates on this project will be other CX/UX experts, including researchers, designers, and content writers. As a member of the team, you will partner with your CX/UX colleagues to create products and services that provide accessible, positive experiences for end users. This is a full-time, remote position with TechFlow. We intend to hire CX practitioners desiring a long-term position who will work on a variety of contracts during their tenure.
- Participate in UX research activities (such as usability testing, data synthesis, and ideation sessions) to provide input from a user interaction perspective.
- Write website and mobile application code (iOS and/or Android) with programming languages such as HTML, C++ and Java.
- Produce, maintain, and modify user interfaces appropriately to meet the goals and objectives of the product.
- Create and conduct quality control testing plans, including reporting findings into Jira tickets or a recommendations deck.
- Write and consult on functional or business requirements.
- Collaborate with back-end developers with coding, troubleshooting, or ensuring alignment in work products.
- Develop or consult on prototypes and mockups with designers to ensure congruence between usability and technical feasibility.
Founded in 1995 at the start of the dot-com revolution, TechFlow helped large commercial clients such as Dreamworks, Toshiba, MGM, and others modernize their business systems. Today, with deep operational roots in the bi-coastal innovation hubs of California and Washington DC, TechFlow continues as a leader in applying innovative engineering, technology, integration solutions, and support services to the Federal Government’s most demanding mission and business challenges.
Our culture thrives on out-of-the-box thinking and the unique powerful entrepreneurial expressions of our employee-owners. As a 100% employee-owned company, we have a shared expectation of commitment, accountability, and responsibility driven by a culture that embraces innovation and new ideas. Our goal is not to do what has been done, but to do it better.
TechFlow has four principal lines of business: Platform Services, Digital Services, Base Operations and Energy and Mobility Solutions. Our company has a strong track record of successful contracts in both areas and encourages cross-collaboration.
TechFlow, Inc is 100% employee-owned. Come make a difference in a job that contributes to your future and helps us build an agile workplace!
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) – Pride in being an employee-owner and annual employer contribution (per plan guidelines)
- 401k plan with Roth option.
- Eligibility for an employer match.
- Immediate vesting
- Paid time off
- Holidays – 10 paid holidays per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company-paid Life & AD&D insurance plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Resources
- Company-paid training and development program
- Voluntary benefits include:
- Life & AD&D Insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- Short-term and long-term disability (per plan guidelines)
- Legal Shield and Identity Theft protection plans
- Pet Insurance
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in selected programming language or environment.
- Experience with browser and application testing/ debugging.
- Familiarity with accessibility guidelines, particularly 508 compliance.
- Excellent attention to detail and written documentation in tools including Jira and GitHub.
- Familiarity with product and service delivery in the government (federal preferred, but state/local also fine).
- Ability to use inputs from various sources (client, researchers, designers, etc.) to create functional and user-centered products.
- Experience with the Agile development process (implemented at various levels of fidelity).
- US Citizenship required; Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust Security Clearance.
- This is a remote position but requires occasional travel 2-3 times per year to DC area for team and or client meetings. Must be available to provide support and accommodate meetings on Eastern Standard time zone schedule.