Head of Engineering
Headquarters: United States
Stuart here, founder and current head of engineering at Rivo.
Interested in helping build and scale a rapidly growing Saas Company while sticking to Rails best practices?
If so - awesome! Keep reading. If not - no worries, perhaps we'll cross paths in the future.
What is Rivo?
We're a powerful marketing platform that allows stores to connect with their customers through loyalty, review and omni-channel marketing campaigns. We've got over 142,000 Shopify stores on our platform, profitably bootstrapped and growing fast...
About the job
With the help of our small team, (and some awesome team members at thoughtbot and hashrocket) - we've built an amazing ecommerce marketing platform on Rails that has scaled wonderfully so far.
To give a small indication, we process roughly 20-30M Sidekiq Jobs per day and are adding 8-10M db rows per day.
We have an opinionated style of writing code, mainly keeping to best practices, the 80/20 principle, and keeping things uniform and simple as a means to scale.
We're looking for an amazing head of engineering to help us scale our team to ensure our roadmap becomes a reality.
This is a remote, full-time role (40+ hours/week).
Who you are
- LOVE Rails Best Practices
- Can operate in a high-octane environment
- You utilize the Pareto principle (80/20)
- Prefer 5 minute daily standups > long drawn out meetings
- Ego/Drama-free team player
- 7+ years of professional software development experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Experience in leading a 4+ team of engineers
Things we love ❤️
- Living by our GAINS core values of
- G_rowth Mindset
- A_nalyze Before Assuming
- I_ terate & Improve
- N_urture Relationships
- Helping our fellow team members and having a stress-free work environment!
Things we avoid 🤮
- Egos & Drama
- Wasting time
Salary is negotiable and based upon experience. Everyone should earn what they feel is fair.
How to apply
Do you want to join our team as our new Head of Engineering? Then we'd love to hear about you!