At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
The web team builds awareness by sharing how Cloudflare can make a positive impact for customers and prospects. This spans across all channels of customer communication: our website, docs, blog, emails, social media, events, ads, etc. We build the technology that allows internal customers to craft beautiful experiences and tell compelling stories about Cloudflare.
What you’ll do
As a Frontend Engineer on the Marketing Engineering team, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the systems that comprise our marketing website, blog, marketing automation, and more. You will build Contentful models and contribute to . You’ll bring industry best practices for standing up and maintaining backend services plus a solid understanding of modern frontend development.
- Build tools, frameworks and libraries to help the front-end team build a better cloudflare.com and Cloudflare Blog.
- We’re currently using Gastby.js, but bonus points if you have worked with Astro JS.
- Review work from your peers throughout all stages of the development lifecycle.
- Plan and lead engineering work on large projects.
- Support fellow team members through constructive code reviews and pair programming to help bring out their best work.
- Represent the team within the company and externally through blogging and tech talks.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience building and managing high volume software applications; React and Typescript are a plus
- Experience building, deploying and operating services
- You enjoy getting things done and have a bias for action: you’re a builder and a creator and have contributed teams that deliver results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Curiosity and empathy are coveted traits here!
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Colorado-based hires and Washington hires: Estimated annual salary of $115,000 – $206,000.
- For New York City-based and California (excluding Bay Area): Estimated annual salary of $133,000 – $229,000
- For Bay Area-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $140,000 – $240,000
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave