Fast-track your career by joining our venture-backed team, where you will have the autonomy to drive the company to new heights and leave an impact on an industry at the cusp of incredible change.
At Building Swell, we know construction is ushering in a new wave of industrialization. Modern construction teams are manufacturing in offsite facilities using sustainable materials with significantly less waste. Join us in arming these modern builders with mission-critical technology to manufacture smarter buildings and address the housing shortage.
The Team Youâll Join
Founded in 2021, our fully remote, cross-disciplinary team comprises experts from construction, manufacturing, technology, and engineering.
We strive to be (and surround ourselves with) people that are both kind and curious â always learning and growing from interactions with others. Building Swell is looking for driven people to join our team, working both autonomously and collaboratively with the early team. Join us in building the future of construction!
We are looking for folks to drive engineering excellence. As part of the team, your impact will be recognized on day one. In this role, youâll be driving engineering decisions around tech stack and architecture that will shape the future of the company. Youâll design and implement solutions to complex problems and receive instant feedback.
- Design, implement, test, and launch new features from inception to delivery
- Work directly with customers/products to design solutions to complex problems
- Touch every part of the development ecosystem: frontend, backend, DevOps, etc.
- Prioritize speed now, once we leave beta, we must balance speed, maintainability, and testing
- 5+ years developing software in a web production environment
- Able to balance speed, maintainability, and testing
- Excellent collaboration skills in working with multi-disciplinary, remote agile teams
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL, and graph databases
- Experience taking complex problems and driving the development lifecycle
- Focus on clean/simple user experiences that our customers love
We are building a diverse workplace and inclusive culture to promote creativity and innovation. Building Swell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Building Swell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Building Swell encourages applicants of all ages.
We want to hear from you! Apply below or email us to learn more.
Remote â PST to EST Time zones