We're a fast-growing startup of 7 people working with over 5000+ companies worldwide. Our HQ is based in Brussels, Belgium but we're pretty much a remote-first company.
We created Marker.io to help product teams and digital agencies collaborate better during web projects. As a matter of fact, we created Marker.io to address our own needs as a digital agency and today, we use Marker.io to build Marker.io 🤯
We're looking for a passionate Full-stack Typescript developer to join our fully remote development. When you work at Marker.io, you can see the impact of your work directly. This job is available for anyone who wants to work remotely anywhere in the Brussels time zone +2/-2.
As a full-stack Typescript developer, you will join our development forces on the client-side and server-side. Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Improving our web platform to offer a world-class product to our users
- Develop creative solutions in a technically constrained web browser environment
- Imagine, develop, test and iterate on new ideas
- Be responsible for adding new integrations using their API
- Help enable the best possible experience
- Work on identifying bottlenecks and improving performance of our front-end applications
Our cloud-based infrastructure integrates with more than 12 third-party APIs (among others: Jira Cloud, Trello, GitLab, ...) and processes thousands of new issue reports every day.
We have deeply integrated AWS into our system, harnessing their cutting-edge technologies to expand our product's capacity for over 100,000 users globally.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and working using cutting-edge technologies.
- Vue.js & Vite
- AWS (EC2, S3, Elasticache, SQS, …)
- Ansible AWX
- You have experience with Vue.js, Node.js, TypeScript, MongoDB and the other technologies used in our stack.
- You have experience working in large-scale back-end applications and building public-facing APIs.
- You are passionate about owning a project and like working directly with your customer.
- Your focus is to write readable and maintainable code.
- You have worked in a component-based programming environment.
- You have created or contributed to side-projects / libraries / open-source projects related to web development.
- You have more than 5 years of experience as a web developer (front-end and/or backend)
- You are a problem solver, and you like to understand how things work.
- You have strong communication skills and fluent in English.
- Experience with WebRTC & cloud video processing technologies
- Experience working in a microservice ecosystem
- Competitive salary: Our compensation packages are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Marker.io. The actual compensation offered to a successful candidate will be based on relative experience and skills.
- Remote work: Most of the team works remotely and meets regularly at our base office in Brussels. We also organize team retreats at least once a year.
- Technology: Get a new MacBook Pro laptop with all necessary accessories (e.g.: second screen monitor, mouse, keyboard, laptop stand, adaptors, …). Basically, anything you need to work in an environment you like.
- Flexible working hours: As long as you are able to collaborate with your team effectively, get your work done, and display the right attitude, it doesn't really matter when you start and finish your day.
- Flexible holidays: We trust you to take a few more paid extra days off if you feel it's important for your well-being.
- Learning & personal development budget: Get a yearly budget for paid conferences, training, online courses and books.
- Company retreats and activities: We regularly organize company dinners and activities to spend time together in a different and fun environment.
- Career Evolution Roadmap: Depending on how fast you want to grow inside the team, we work with you from day 1 to lay out a plan that will allow you to achieve your professional and personal goals. We also regularly meet with you to assess your progress and figure out together what needs to be done to achieve your aspiration.
- Great office or co-working space: We work in the heart of Brussels city in a great office with tons of space. Bars, cafes, and restaurants are only minutes away by foot. Access by tram, metro, train and bus is super easy. If you decide to work remotely, we will cover your co-working expenses.
Our office is located in the heart of Brussels. Bars, coffee places, and restaurants are only minutes away by foot. Access by tram, metro, train and bus is super easy
Our team is composed of 3 founders and 4 full-time employees.
At our latest company retreat in Tenerife with our friends from Sutori.
Fill out the application below.