More jobs from this company
Software Engineer III (Frontend)
Technology versatility is a critical success factor for our team. The ability to stretch beyond one’s specialty by learning new technologies fast and contributing to the team’s goal is highly valued. Prosper’s Engineering culture encourages teamwork, ownership, and cross-functional development of well-rounded engineers who have a holistic view of the problems and solution designs. Above all other factors, we are looking for determined candidates who want to be part of a culture of innovation and creativity as we develop financial technology! We are seeking motivated software engineers to work on our interdisciplinary scrum teams, building large scale systems at Prosper Marketplace. The ideal candidate is passionate about learning the Fintech domain and delivering cutting-edge, high-quality solutions to solve business problems.
Problems You Will Solve
- Develop high-performance and user-friendly cross-platform web applications, leveraging technologies such as React Native Web components and shared components to ensure a seamless experience
- Utilize Cloudflare for optimizing web application performance, security, and content delivery
- Collaborate closely with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Demonstrate sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, and excellent communication skills in contributing to the success of our project
- Implement and optimize GraphQL Federation for efficient data querying and manipulation
- Harness Cloud Native solutions to build scalable and resilient systems
- Utilize tools such as A/B testing, analytics, HEAP, Optimizely, and SEO to optimize customer acquisition strategies and enhance targeted user traffic
- Actively contribute to and absorb insights from our company's engineering culture, fostering a learning environment
- Collaborate with a team of passionate, intelligent, and ambitious engineers dedicated to constructing large-scale systems at Prosper Marketplace
- BS in EE/CS with 5+ years of experience build web applications or MS in EE/CS or other applicable disciplines with 3+ years of experience
- In-depth understanding of cross-browser, cross-device, and web speed considerations
- Strong coding practices, including meticulous design documentation, thorough unit testing, active participation in peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methodologies
- Hands-on experience in developing RESTful services, with a preference for expertise in Spring Boot and Java frameworks
- Passionate about crafting rich and innovative user experiences
- Proven track record in developing high-traffic consumer applications or customer acquisition funnels
- Expertise in Authentication and Authorization solutions
- Demonstrated ability to lead and focus a team of experienced engineers, guiding them toward optimal solutions
About Our Technology Team
We are growing our Technology team to support our various financial products. The ideal candidate is passionate about learning the Fintech domain and delivering cutting-edge, high-quality solutions to solve business problems. We utilize a progressive, test-driven, Agile development methodology that places a high premium on communication, teamwork, sound design and clean implementation.
Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $23 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, credit, home equity lines of credit (HELOC), and our newest product, HELoan. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
Diversity expands opportunities
Collaboration creates better solutions
Curiosity fuels our innovation
Integrity defines all our relationships
Excellence leads to longevity
Simplicity guides our user experience
Accountability at all levels drives results
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we're looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.