Please note that this role is fully remote and you must be based in Poland.
At insitro, our vision is to redefine the future of drug discovery by combining the latest research in human biology and machine learning, at scale.
To get closer to that vision, we need tools that facilitate the acquisition of insights from human biology and chemistry with greater efficiency and speed.
As a Software Engineer in the ChemiSWE team, you will work closely with a cross-functional team of scientists and engineers on a wide spectrum of problem domains. Our main focus however, is building software for efficient storage, processing and analysis of massive datasets of chemical matter. To support insitro's work at this scale, our team is passionate about the craft of scientific software engineering, ensuring that our tools, infrastructure, and models are scalable, correct, maintainable, and robust.
- BS or MS in computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering (or equivalent practical experience)
- 2 years of practical experience building production software systems.
- Expertise in one or more general-purpose programming languages such as Python, C/C++, TypeScript or Go. Although we write most of our code in Python, functional programming is close to our hearts.
- Familiarity with cloud computing services. We use AWS and Azure.
- Familiarity with database technologies, data pipelines, workflow engines, distributed computing technologies. We use Postgres, redun, and Spark.
- Familiarity with web services and application frameworks such as Django, FastAPI or Flask.
- Proficiency in Linux environments including shell scripting and experience with version control practices and tools such as git.
- Proficiency in communicating complex technical concepts effectively, utilizing both written documentation and verbal presentations, with a strong command of the English language.
- Passion for making a positive impact through your work.
- Experience working with biological and chemical datasets is plus, but not required.
Benefits at insitro
- Great compensation package
- Health insurance benefits
- Gym allowance
- Flexible work schedule
- Home office equipment
The Controller of your personal data is Insitro, Inc., with offices at 279 East Grand Avenue, South San Francisco, California, United States. Your personal data is processed for the purposes of the current recruitment process. Providing your personal data is voluntary, but its processing and transfer to the United States by or on behalf of Insitro, Inc. is necessary for this purpose. You have the right to access, correct, modify, update, rectify, and request the transfer or deletion of your personal data.
You hereby consent to Insitro, Inc., with offices at 279 East Grand Avenue, South San Francisco, California, United States, retaining and processing your personal data after the current recruitment process is finished, for the purposes of future recruitment processes. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by sending a notification to email@example.com.