About the role:
As a Frontend Software Development Engineer II on the Data Platform team, you will be responsible for developing and deploying multiple features with high operational excellence. Your responsibilities will include everything from design, writing well-architected and thoroughly tested code to rolling out the feature by analyzing metrics. You also get to take ownership beyond your technical area by working with cross-functional team members and helping set up good coding patterns.
The Data Platform team is responsible for personalized user experience use cases as well as a data streaming platform. The team manages some of the highest TPS services within OfferUp. We have barely scratched the surface in terms of what we want to do and the possibilities are endless.
This role is only available outside the US and not available to any individual based within the US or any US territory.
Hereâs more of what you will get to do:
- You will help create and deliver new web experiences for OfferUp using front-end technologies such as NodeJS, React, and React Native
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams across OfferUp to design and implement new features.
- Help maintain code quality in existing applications (mobile and web).
- Create solutions and/or frameworks that make other team members better and faster
Youâll thrive in this role if you have:
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience developing mobile applications in a professional setting
- Demonstrate strong coding skills in Front-end focused Software Development (React Native, ReactJS, HTML, CSS)
- Experience with Apollo GraphQL
- Good knowledge of Data Structures and Object Oriented Design
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility, client-side security, browser tuning, SEO, and optimization techniques/tools for multi-tier large-scale web architecture
design patterns e.g. responsive design vs optimized design
- Knowledge in web optimization performance, and design patterns e.g. responsive design vs optimized design
- An insatiable desire and ability to learn
- You desire a fast moving, continuous flow development environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken (fluency in English required)
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with AWS Cloud infrastructure
- Experience around any of the following: web package managers, bundler systems, NodeJS, Python, webpack
- Github repo with your code we can view