Caylent is a cloud native services company that helps organizations bring the best out of their people and technology using Amazon Web Services (AWS). We provide a full-range of AWS services including: workload migrations & modernization, cloud native application development, DevOps, data engineering, security & compliance and everything in between. At Caylent, our people always come first.
We are a fully remote global company with employees in Canada, the United States and Latin America. We celebrate the culture of each of our team members and foster a community of technological curiosity. Come talk to us to learn more about what it means to be a Caylien!
We are seeking a talented Senior Cloud Software Engineer, with a focus on frontend development, to join our growing Innovation team. The right candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a deep understanding of modern frontend technologies, and is passionate about crafting compelling solutions and technology demonstrations. Your mission will be to lead and contribute to rapid prototyping initiatives, working closely with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and iterate on frontend applications that advance Caylent’s strategic goals. You will be instrumental in turning bold ideas into tangible solutions.
- Leading and participating in the rapid prototyping of innovative frontend applications.
- Collaborating with backend developers and UX/UI designers to create seamless, efficient, and scalable solutions.
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Contributing to UI/UX design.
- Building and maintaining highly responsive user interfaces using React and other frontend technologies
- Maintaining and enhancing Caylent’s web presence
- Staying up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in frontend development and rapid prototyping
- 5+ years experience as a full stack software engineer, with a focus on frontend development
- Expertise in frontend technologies including HTML, CSS, JavasScript, TypeScript, and at least one modern framework (e.g. React, Next)
- Experience with rapid prototyping tools and methodologies (e.g. Figma, mocks, AI tools)
- Familiarity with backend development technologies and frameworks (e.g. Node, Python, Flask, Rails)
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and tools for working around them.
- Strong experience in adaptive and responsive design.
- Excellent understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, deployment)
- Good understanding of technical SEO principles
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm for working in a startup environment and the ability to be cross-functional
- Possess a natural curiosity and excitement for learning new technology
- Experience with cloud technologies, particularly AWS
- AWS Amplify experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience working in a client-facing environment
- Experience working in consulting or professional services
- Medical Insurance for you and eligible dependents
- 401k plan with company match up to 4% and immediate vesting
- Competitive phantom equity
- Company issued laptop
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Term Disability Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Equipment & Office Stipend
- Annual stipend for Learning and Development
- Unlimited Paid Time Off, following a 90-day probationary period
- 10 Paid Holidays
The base salary range for this position is $110,000 - $140,000. If you are hired at Caylent, your base salary is determined on factors such as skills, experience, geographic location, and other market conditions. While it's not typical for offers to be made at the top of the range, please keep in mind that the base salary range is only one component of your overall compensation. Additionally, you are eligible for the benefits, bonuses, and incentives as listed above in the job description!
NOTE: We are unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Caylent is a place where everyone belongs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our approach helps us to build a winning team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. So, regardless of how your diversity expresses itself, you can find a home here at Caylent.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.