Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Senior Mobile Developer (React Native) to join our team in North America.
As a Senior Mobile Developer (Senior Software Developer) you will be supporting Lightspeed's Hospitality product group on the mission to expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our Cloud POS. You will join our global team of developers to use cutting edge technologies to help restaurant owners to provide the best experience to their customers. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities! For this role, you can be located in Canada or the US.
What you’ll be doing
- Delivering features and improvements to thousands of humans on a weekly cadence
- Implementing proof of concept, prototypes and fully-tested production-grade software
- Design and lead technical initiatives to keep our apps up-to-date on the latest technology
- Mentor other developers inside the team and participate in daily standups, bi-weekly grooming, and retrospective ceremonies
- Assist QA and Support staff in troubleshooting and remediating issues
- Translating requirements into detailed plans and level of effort guidance
What you need to bring
- 5+ years experience developing and shipping production-grade React Native and TypeScript applications across both Android and iOS platforms
- A thoughtful sense of ownership for your products throughout the SDLC and beyond
- Familiarity with functional programming
- Knowledge of the different app architectures used to develop mobile applications
- Knowledge of connectivity considerations for mobile applications
- Demonstrated experience creating unit and automated UI tests in tools such as Jest, Mocha, and Cypress
- Understanding of object oriented design, functional programming and refactoring
- Excellent spoken and written English
Even better, but not necessary
- Experience with eventual consistency and distributed client models
- Experience with asynchronous programming patterns
- Experience integrating with event subscription patterns
- A keen interest in visual and interaction design for mobile platforms
- A keen interest in API design
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
- Opportunity to make a difference; help merchants grow their businesses and become more successful by creating or improving products and addressing customer feedback
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Opportunities to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
... and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Extended Health Insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Online Mental Health Resources