More jobs from this company
Senior Frontend Developer
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
The Web Engineering team builds and maintains the main Marketing website (1password.com) to help showcase campaigns, new features and the incredible work being done here at 1Password. We’re at a pivotal point in our journey with the website and are looking for an experienced Frontend Developer to bring their expertise, drive and passion to help us launch into the new world! You will work with Product, Design, Content, SEO, Digital Web Experience and other Marketing and Engineering teams to help deploy the next generation of the website.
An ever-increasing number of individuals, families, and businesses are using 1Password every day, and 1Password needs to scale accordingly. Come help us build the backbone of 1Password!
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- Technical Expertise
- Experience building complex client-side web applications
- Creative problem solving in the modern web domain
- Experience with directing the complete development lifecycle of a project from initial planning, through development, and into production
- Experience being a technical partner in planning, executing and shipping features in collaboration with cross functional teams and stakeholders
- Experience with shipping quality software quickly, focusing on customer value and iteration
- Mentor junior developers to foster their professional growth
- Conduct code reviews, take ownership of code, and collaborate on problem-solving
- Lead teams in project delivery, if applicable
- An enthusiastic attitude to learn while tackling new features and make existing ones better
- Consideration for code quality with an ability to deliver appropriate and effective feedback to teammates
- A healthy balance of being able to work collaboratively while also taking responsibility for assigned tasks
- Provide regular updates on the progress of sprints and projects
- Advanced production experience with TypeScript
- Advanced production experience with React, Nextjs, Tailwind
- Advanced knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Advanced knowledge of modern web APIs
- Intermediate/Advanced production experience using a CMS platform
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Marketing Technologies, journeys and metrics (Marketo, B2B, B2C, Bounce Rates, Pageviews, etc.)
Collaboration & Communication
On the technical side…
We’re looking for a developer with a solid technical foundation who can easily jump around various repos and languages.
What you can expect:
- Partnering with internal cross-functional teams to help prioritize work that balances product requirements, customer value and technical needs
- Leading technical design of features and implementation
- Documenting technical solutions and designs
- Writing code with focus on reliability, quality and durability
- Helping others level up their skills through mentoring and coaching
- Remaining curious and seeking opportunities to expand and deepen your technical knowledge and leadership skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Contentful CMS
- Some experience with Web Assembly
USA-based roles only: The Annual base salary for this role is between $115,000 USD and $155,000 USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password's benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
Canada-based roles only: The Annual base salary for this role is between $109,000 CAD and $147,000 CAD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s generous benefits program (health, dental, RRSP and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Wellness Coach membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at email@example.com and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Remote work is a part of our DNA. Given that our company was founded remotely in 2005, we can safely say we're experts at building remote culture. That said, remote work at 1Password does mean working from your home country. If you've got questions or concerns about this your Talent Partner would be happy to address them with you.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [email@example.com] or through 1Password Support.